Costume Plot Request Form
We can costume your entire show!
We’ll send you a costume plot with rental prices and additional theater costume rental information. We can also check availability for the dates you want to use the garments.
Canterbury Tales Theater Costume Rentals
The Canterbury Tales is a collection of over 20 stories written in Middle English by Geoffrey Chaucer at the end of the 14th century, during the time of the Hundred Years’ War. The tales (mostly written in verse, although some are in prose) are presented as part of a story-telling contest by a group of pilgrims as they travel together on a journey from Southwark to the shrine of Saint Thomas Becket at Canterbury Cathedral. The prize for this contest is a free meal at the Tabard Inn at Southwark on their return.
After a long list of works written earlier in his career, including Troilus and Criseyde, House of Fame, and “Parliament of Fowls”, The Canterbury Tales is near-unanimously seen as Chaucer’s magnum opus. He uses the tales and the descriptions of its characters to paint an ironic and critical portrait of English society at the time, and particularly of the Church. Structurally, the collection resembles The Decameron, which Chaucer may have read during his first diplomatic mission to Italy in 1372. – wikipedia
Completing the costume plot request form will provide you with a list of prices and characters available. Our costumes vary in price depending on character and measurements. The request form also allows for the theatrical department to verify availability for the dates you intend to use the garments.
How it Works
- Select your Show
- Choose a production from our Online Theater Department and select your production dates.
- Costume Plot & Price Guide
- Complete the costume plot request form on this page. You will receive a costume plot and price guide.
- Submit Costume Order
- Submit the marked price guide and measurements via email. Generally 4-6 weeks prior to ship date.
- Rental Contract
- To finalize your order, complete the online theatrical rental contract. Your order has not been reserved until we receive your contract.
- Confirm & Verify
- Verify that your measurements, price guide, and rental contract information has been received.
You will be providing information for a costume plot only. This does not guarantee availability. The costumes have not been reserved until you complete a theatrical rental contract and provide accurate measurements. After you receive a plot, you can then complete a theatrical rental contract to secure the costumes for your production dates!