Costume Plot Request Form
We can costume your entire show!
We’ll send you a costume plot with rental prices and additional theater costume rental information. We can also check availability for the dates you want to use the garments.
Merchant of Venice Theater Costume Rentals
- Bassanio, a nobleman with financial trouble, needs to borrow money in order to compete for the hand of Portia. His friend Antonio borrows the money from Shylock, a Jewish moneylender.
- Portia’s father’s will states that whoever wishes to marry her must solve a series of riddles or agree to remain a bachelor. Bassanio manages to solve them, much to Portia’s delight.
- Antonio is unable to repay Shylock. Shylock locks him up and demands a pound of his flesh for repayment.
- Antonio’s case is tried in court, where it is decided that Shylock cannot cut up Antonio. Shylock loses half his wealth and must convert to Christianity.
- Portia and Nerissa testify against Shylock in his case while wearing disguises. Antonio is released and his wealth restored.
Completing the costume plot request form will provide you with a list of prices and characters available. Our costumes vary in price depending on character and measurements. The request form also allows for the theatrical department to verify availability for the dates you intend to use the garments.
How it Works
- Select your Show
- Choose a production from our Online Theater Department and select your production dates.
- Costume Plot & Price Guide
- Complete the costume plot request form on this page. You will receive a costume plot and price guide.
- Submit Costume Order
- Submit the marked price guide and measurements via email. Generally 4-6 weeks prior to ship date.
- Rental Contract
- To finalize your order, complete the online theatrical rental contract. Your order has not been reserved until we receive your contract.
- Confirm & Verify
- Verify that your measurements, price guide, and rental contract information has been received.
You will be providing information for a costume plot only. This does not guarantee availability. The costumes have not been reserved until you complete a theatrical rental contract and provide accurate measurements. After you receive a plot, you can then complete a theatrical rental contract to secure the costumes for your production dates!